Woooohoooooo. I am finally back home with my gorgeous family. My brain is too exhausted to think right now. Jetlag is a bitch but nothing a yoga class and green juice and some cuddle time with my peeps cannot fix.
I have done a lot of international long haul flights so I wanted to share some of my best travel tips with you:
- Set your clock to the time of your destination and try to sleep accordingly – packing an eye mask helps
- Stay hydrated throughout the flight by drinking tons of fluids and avoid alcohol
- Keep reapplying tons of moisturizer throughout the flight – I love CERAVE NIGHT CREAM and EVIAN SPRAY
- Get up and walk around and stretch every 2 hours … yes I’m the crazy lady doing yoga in the galley of the plane
- Pack some healthy snacks. Airline food is loaded with salt. I love dried fruits and nuts, cut up veggies with hummus, biltong (which I couldn’t find in Italy but I seldom travel without), and my favorite QUEST BARS
- Put NEOSPORIN or some antibacterial ointment inside your nostrils to avoid airborne germs and wipe down the surfaces of your seat and tray table with an antibacterial wipe
- Take a walk in the fresh air once you land
- Try to stay up till at least 7 pm at your destination
- Take melatonin before bed for a few days to help adjust your internal clock
- Get back onto your yoga mat or take a stretch class as soon as you can
I hope this helps. Safe travels ahead.