I love taking Italian classics and updating them with a modern, kosher twist.
And this gorgeous beauty didn’t disappoint.
It’s jam-packed with a trio of juicy summer melons, bresaola (air-dried, salted beef carpaccio), avo, peaches, carrots, peppers, chia seeds, onions, and a gorgeous basil pesto vinaigrette.
If you are not kosher you could use prosciutto and add some burrata or feta cheese.
This salad is guaranteed to be a regular on your lunch or dinner table.
Serve alongside some artisanal toasted, warm, and crusty bread drizzled with velvety olive oil. Brava….
Delizioso xxx MM
Melon Bresaola Salad
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 TBS store-bought pesto
- ½ cup good Italian olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic/red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and black pepper to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 bag of mixed lettuce
- ½ head of radicchio chopped
- 1 cup of watermelon cubed ***
- 1 cup of orange melon cubed ***
- 1 cup of white or green melon cubed ***
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper sliced
- 1 yellow peach cut into half-moons
- 1 avocado cut into slivers and fanned
- 1/3 red onion cut into slivers
- 2 packs (3 oz/ 80g) of Bresaola – cured beef carpaccio
- 1 TBS chia seeds to garnish
- A handful of fresh basil to garnish
Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
Place the lettuce at the bottom of a large flat bowl or platter.
Chop the melons into 1 inch/ 2cm cubes and removes the seeds. Scatter on top of the lettuce. Add the carrots, yellow pepper, peach, avocado, and onion.
Make little roses with the bresaola and tuck them into the salad. Garnish with chia seeds and fresh basil.
Drizzle with the salad dressing and serve at room temperature alongside some artisanal toasted, warm and crusty bread drizzled with velvety olive oil.
*** If you cannot find assorted colored melons you can just use 3 cups on one melon
If you are not kosher you can add some burrata or feta cheese to this salad.