I have always been a huge fan of cabbage salad. But I needed a simple one for the meal I was serving, so I experimented with some very fresh, savory ingredients. The end result was incredible and every guest left with a copy of the recipe.
I love the fresh note the dill adds to this salad and the bitterness of the radishes and acidity of the lemons works so well with the creamy tahini dressing.
It’s bright and gorgeous and so healthy, so you can enjoy bowl after bowl of deliciousness.
xxx Chef MM
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 red cabbage -shredded into thin strips
- 6 stalks of celery – cut into slivers
- Fennel stalks and fronds – cut into slivers (save the bulb for another recipe)
- ½ bunch of spring onions/scallions- cut into slivers
- 1 bunch dill -chopped
- 10 radishes -cut into think disks
- 1 lemon -cut in half and sliced into thin slices
FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup of tahini paste
- 2 lemons- juice and zest
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Hot water to thin it to desired consistency
- Lots of Coarse Salt and Black pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients for the salad dressing together in a bottle and set aside.
Add the cabbage, celery, fennel stalks, spring onions, dill, and radishes to a large bowl. An hour before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Massage with a glove or hands to evenly coat.
Top with the lemon slices and serve at room temperature.