My all-time favorite salad is a loaded Greek brimming over with salty feta and briny Kalamata olives.
In fact, I’d never even heard of a Cesar salad till I moved to California at the age of 24. Growing up in South Africa a Greek Salad was the most popular salad on every menu.
So it’s no surprise that it’s on constant rotation in our home. It’s loaded with tons of rainbow-colored veggies that are so pretty. And the dressing is so brilliant you’ll want to pour it on everything. I love to serve this alongside some grilled chicken, steak, or fish with warm toasted pita.
Get ready to meet your new favorite salad that is guaranteed to make your belly smile. The trick is to use really good quality Kalamata olives and cheese (I like Bulgarian feta). Hello summer
xxx Chef MM
Rainbow Greek Salad
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 heads/ 2 packs romaine lettuce – chopped
- 1 large/ 2 small packs cherry tomatoes
- 6 baby Persian cucumbers – cut into slices
- ½ red onion – cut into thin slivers
- 1 bag of multicolored mini peppers- cut into circles
- 1 cup Kalamata olives – halved
- 1 pack of good feta cheese – cut into cubes
- 1 TBS of dried oregano to garnish
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBS red wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- Lots and lots of salt & black pepper
Cut the romaine lettuce into smaller pieces and lay it on a large flat platter.
Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together and set aside.
Cut all veggies. Start by placing the cucumbers on top of the lettuce. Follow with peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, olives, and feta cheese. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
Dress the salad just before serving.
You can also serve this as a lettuce-free salad.