If you have been following me for a while you will know that I am a huge fan of colorful food. The goal is to eat the rainbow. So this tuna salad hits the target.
It’s pretty and packed with delicious fresh veggies and it is the perfect thing to serve for weekend brunch.
You can also serve it with bagels on the side for those wanting to make a sandwich.
xxx Chef MM
Rainbow Tuna Salad
FOR THE TUNA
- 4 cans of tuna
- 1 ½ cups of celery – finely chopped
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 1 bunch of dill- chopped
- 1 ½ TBS of Coleman’s Mustard
- 6 TBS olive oil
- 1 lemon- juice and zest
- 3 TBS red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and black pepper to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 bag of spring mix lettuce
- 10 eggs – hard boiled (10 mins) cut in half
- 8 Persian cucumbers- sliced
- 8 red tomatoes – cut in quarters
- 12 mini peppers- deseeded and halved
- 3 avocados – cut into slivers
- 12 purple potatoes- boiled until fork tender (15–20 mins)
Combine all the ingredients for the tuna salad and set it aside. Boil the potatoes and eggs and set them aside. Place the lettuce on a flat platter. Arrange the bowl of tuna salad in the center.
Surround the bowl with tomatoes, avocados, eggs, peppers, and cucumbers. Serve with the purple potatoes.
Allow everyone to dress and season their salad with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.