I am a huge fan of bright and colorful loaded salads with a little of everything.
I’ve called this one “The Salad Bar Salad” because it’s got so much stuff to choose from.
The best part is that by assembling the ingredients into rows, everyone can pick what they want to add to their salad.
I for one cannot stand beans, so I can avoid them without denying those legume lovers their fix. And if you want a dairy-free salad stay away from the cheese.
I love the rainbow colors cause people to eat with their eyes first. In this case, pretty also means healthy cause it’s loaded with healthy veggies. And the mustardy dressing is incredible.
xxx Chef MM
Salad Bar Salad
- MUSTARD VINAGRETTE
- 2 packs spring mix lettuce
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tub -baby mozzarella balls
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper – cut into small cubes
- 1 orange pepper – cut into small cubes
- ½ English cucumber – sliced into semi-circles
- 2 avocados – blanch in hot water for 30 seconds and slice
- 3 TBS spring onions- chopped
- 2 TBS chia seed
Whisk the ingredients for the MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE together and set aside.
Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. Top with the other ingredients, creating rows.
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT- Half of the cucumbers slices, baby mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes (some cut in half), avocado slices, diced yellow and orange peppers, chickpeas, remaining half of the cucumbers.
Garnish with chopped spring onions and chia seeds. Serve with the vinaigrette on the side