It’s summertime in California and when it’s hot outside I cannot think of turning on the oven. We eat light and I like nothing more than a huge big salad.
This fruity version loaded with blueberries, cherries, strawberries, goat cheese, cucumbers, and candied pecans is on the menu for dinner tonight.
It’s so delicious you must make it immediately. Off to take a dip in the pool.
xxx Chef MM
Spinach Salad with Berries & Cherries
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 large/2 small bags of baby spinach
- 1 English cucumber – sliced
- 1 pack of blueberries
- 1 ½ cups of cherries – pitted and halved
- 1 pack of strawberries – sliced
- 1 log of goat cheese – broken into small chunks
- 1 bag of candied pecans (other nuts)
- 1 TBS poppy seeds
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 TBS mustard powder
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- Lots and lots of coarse salt & black pepper
Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together. You can make this ahead of time.
Pit and halve the cherries and slice the cucumber and strawberries.
Place the spinach on a large flat platter. Top with the cucumbers. Scatter on the blueberries, cherries, and strawberries. Crumble big blobs of goat cheese over the salad.
Just before serving sprinkle the salad with the candied pecans and drizzle with some dressing.