We recently visited Israel, and while we were on the beach in Tel Aviv they served us big platters of ripe and juicy watermelon alongside creamy Bulgarian feta cheese.
I was instantly hooked and I knew that this combo would become my summertime salad choice. I have added a few extra things to take it to the next level. Give it a try. You will be addicted.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 6 cups of sweet watermelon cubed
- 1 1/2 cups of good quality feta cheese cubed ***
- 1/2 English cucumber deseeded and sliced
- 1/4 red onion cut into slivers
- 1 lemon cut into wedges to dress the salad
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Mint leaves to garnish
Cube the watermelon and feta and place in a bowl. Add the cucumber and season with fresh cracked black pepper. Serve alongside lemon wedges and mint.
**** I love Bulgarian Feta cheese