- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 TBS harissa paste (****substitute with 1 TBS sambal chilli)
- 3 TBS tomato paste
- 1 onion (1/4 inch dice)
- 1 TBS cumin
- ½ to 1 tspn chilli flakes
- 6 vine ripe red tomatoes (1/4 inch dice)
- 1 yellow pepper(1/4 inch dice)
- 1 orange pepper(1/4 inch dice)
- Coarse salt & black pepper to taste
- 6–8 eggs
- A handful of fresh basil chopped to garnish
- Greek yogurt to garnish
- Crusty bread… charred on a grill pan
Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Cook the onions, garlic, tomato paste, harissa, chilli flakes, and cumin till onions are golden (6-8 mins).
Add the pepper and tomatoes and simmer on medium heat till water evaporates and sauce thickens (10-15min). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Make wells and add the eggs. Swirl the white with the back of a wooden spoon being careful not to break the yolks.
Cook until the whites set and the yolk is still runny.
Cut the bread into stick slices and spray with olive oil spray. Heat a grill pan on high heat and char the bread till grill lines appear.
Spoon the eggs and sauce onto individual plates and serve with crusty bread. Garnish with Greek yogurt and some chopped fresh basil.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment